YOU’RE IN SAFE HANDS: COVID-19 UPDATE
UPDATE FROM THE INSTITUTE OF OSTEOPATHY
FROM JULY 19TH ONWARDS:
“Since the Government announced its intention to relax social restrictions from 19 July onwards, we have been consulting with the relevant public bodies, counterparts in private healthcare and regulators to determine what impact this may have on operational advice for private practice osteopaths.
In short, the outcome is that there is little that will change in terms of the required infection control measures under which we are currently operating.
On the main question, the use of masks by patients: in line with the public health bodies of England and the home nations and Government recommendations, it is still recommended that patients are encouraged to wear a face-covering when receiving osteopathic care, unless exempt.
As we have done throughout the pandemic, we will continue to support the profession to ensure that you can operate safely and maintain the valuable health services you provide, throughout this period and beyond.
CEO, Institute of Osteopathy”
UPDATE FROM US
At Moreno Osteopathy we have been following the latest guidance from our regulatory body the General Osteopathic Council (GOSC) and the Institute of Osteopathy, and we continue to work hard to make your visit as safe as possible.
With cases rising we kindly ask that you continue to wear your mask during your treatment, unless exempt. You are not required to wear a mask on arrival or when waiting for your appointment.
If you are an existing patient at Moreno Osteopathy you will know that we don’t have a waiting room at our current location. From September onwards there will be a waiting area open with wipeable chairs, please continue to respect social distancing in this public area.
Please review our list of CoVID-19 practices that we are continuing at this time – for you and us:
Protecting patients and staff
- All in-clinic staff and their households are in low-risk categories.
- Telehealth appointments are available for patients in high-risk categories or those who are isolating.
- Patients are encouraged to wear a face-covering when receiving osteopathic care, unless exempt.
- All staff have been instructed on correct hand washing technique best practice.
- All staff have been instructed on correct donning and doffing PPE safely.
- Staff briefed and trained on updated clinic policies and infection measures.
In clinic sessions including PPE
- PPE used: single use surgical masks worn by therapist and discarded at end of shift. Patients requested to bring own mask or given fresh surgical mask to wear if needed.
- Visors available for therapists.
- Disinfecting / handwashing: patients use hand gel on arrival. All treatment rooms have hand washing facilities.
- 15 minute intervals between patients to allow the therapist to wipe down the plinth, pillows and door handles.
- 15 minute intervals between patients to allow rooms to be aired.
- Therapists wash hands before each treatment, during and after each treatment.
- Chip and pin machine is disinfected after each use.
- Clinic has been decluttered to reduce surface areas for cleaning. All communal areas, door handles, surfaces, kitchen cupboard handles and kitchen equipment handles are disinfected at beginning and at the end of the day.
- Toys/rattles/books used during treatment will be disinfected between use.
- Plinth covers and pillow cases have been removed. Any linens used are laundered at 60 degrees.
If you require any further information about our safeguarding measures or infection control policy please give us a call on 07423163608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe, look out for each other and have a great summer!
Love and Light,
Lizzie and Rey