SOFT TISSUE THERAPY
Moreno Osteopathy offers a range of soft tissue treatments, including sports massage, remedial massage, pregnancy massage, and Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD). All forms of massage help release muscle tension and restore balance to the muscular-skeletal system. Sports massage reduces the strain and discomfort caused by training or participating in sport.
Our Soft Tissue Therapists are qualified to:
- Assess and treat common sports injuries;
- Identify biomechanical problems relating to the muscles, bones and tissues;
- Decrease pain related to specific complaints;
- Prescribe appropriate stretching and conditioning exercises;
- Help to speed up recovery time;
- Help prevent re-injury.
If you need further details about treatment please go to our contact page and drop us a message.
MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE (MLD)
Manual lymphatic massage is an advanced therapy aimed at improving the flow of lymphatic fluid throughout the body.
Using deep tissue massage and rhythmic pumping techniques, lymphatic drainage clears blockages and eliminates metabolic wastes and toxins from the body. It also helps transport nutrients to cells and increases metabolic efficiency. This treatment adds to the reduction of excess fluid and can assist in weight reduction, it also has a very calming effect on the nervous system and helps relieve stress and tension.
Conditions that can benefit from MLD include:
- Chronic fatigue, migraine, sinusitis, hay fever
- Recurring infections (colds, flu, ear, chest)
- Pre and postoperative cases eg. cosmetic surgery, removal of lymph nodes, scar tissue
- Oedema and fluid retention (swollen ankles, legs, bloating)
- Cellulite and excess weight
- Constipation and other digestive disorders